All Response Media (“ARM”) TV Star Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. To enter the TV Star Competition (“Competition”), you must be either:
a) a start-up business which was incorporated less than 6 years before the date of entry into the Competition; or
b) a business which was incorporated more than 6 years before the date of entry but which has never advertised its brand, products or services on television;
c) an individual or business which does not fall into the above criteria but which ARM has granted express permission to enter the Competition;
(referred to in these terms and conditions as the “Entrant”).
2. The individual entering on behalf of the Entrant must be aged 18 years or over, UK resident, and authorised to act on behalf of the Entrant. Such individual should enter using their business email address and contact details unless permission to use other details is obtained from ARM.
3. Employees (or family members of employees) of any group company of ARM, companies associated with the Competition and all affiliates of such companies may not enter this Competition.
4. Maximum of one entry per Entrant.
5. Competition period: The Competition opens on Wednesday 21st January 2019 (“Start Date”). All entries must be received by 11.59pm (UK time) on Friday 22nd February 2019 (“Closing Date”).
6. How to enter: To take part in this Competition visit http://www.allresponsemedia.com/success-stories/tv-star/. You will need to enter the details required; Full Name, Job Title, Email Address and Company Name. IMPORTANT: Any content you submit must comply with the “Content/Entry Requirements” below.
7. Next Stage: Within 14 calendar days after the Closing Date, entrants that have successfully reached the next round of the competition will be notified and asked to complete a questionnaire on their business proposition and readiness for TV. Based on the answers provided, the finalists will be chosen for the final pitch (“Final”) in front of our panel of judges (which will include at least one independent judge).
8. Winner selection: Within 14 days after the Final, one winning Entrant (“Winner”) will be selected from amongst all qualifying finalists by a panel of judges (which will include at least one independent judge). The Winner will be the Entrant which, in the opinion and sole discretion of the judges showed that they are ready for exponential growth, with the capacity, vision and scope to achieve this growth via the medium of TV.
9. Winner notification: The Winner will be notified by either email or phone within 14 days of their being selected. If any Winner does not, for any reason, accept a prize, or cannot be contacted within 28 days of the first attempt to notify them, ARM reserves the right to award the prize to another Entrant and disqualify the original Winner.
10. Prize: The prize is: creative work and media (TV) airtime by ARM, to a total value of £50,000.
11. The amount of creative work, and details of the media airtime will be agreed between the Winner and ARM (if the parties fail to agree, it will be decided by ARM at its sole discretion, acting reasonably).
12. The winning Entrant will be required to sign a 12 month exclusive TV media planning and buying contract with ARM. Failure to do so will result in the prize being withheld, and awarded to an alternative winner.
13. ARM reserves the right to substitute the prize (or any part of it) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if it considers it necessary or reasonable to do so at its sole discretion. There is no cash alternative to the prize (or any part of it) and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable. The prize, or any unused part of it, will expire after 12 months of the contract being signed or of the Winner being announced (whichever happens sooner).
14. ARM will retain ownership of all intellectual property rights and related rights in any materials, works or campaigns it creates for the Winner (including rights in derivative works) as part of the prize or otherwise. The Winner shall be granted a limited licence to use such materials, works or campaigns.
15. By entering, Entrants irrevocably grant ARM and its licensees a perpetual, non-exclusive licence, right and permission to use any content submitted to ARM by or on behalf of the Entrant as part of the Competition, in any and all media, for the purpose of operating and publicising the Competition and directly or indirectly promoting ARM’s business (for example by making such content publicly available on ARM’s television channels, mobile services, print publications and online). This includes the Entrant’s trademarks and logos.
16. Third party terms and conditions may also apply to parts of the prize where applicable.
17. IMPORTANT Content/Entry Requirements: If content is submitted by or on behalf of any Entrant as part of the entry process or participation in the Competition (e.g. photos, illustrations, copy, sound recordings, trademarks, etc.), any such content must comply with the following rules: (a) it must be lawful, (b) it must not infringe the rights of any third party (including intellectual property or privacy rights), (c) it must be true and honest to the best of your knowledge and belief, (d) it must not be obscene, abusive, offensive, immoral, harassing, bullying or discriminatory (e.g. based on race, religion, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, or any other ground), (e) it must not portray or promote weapons, hatred, violence, criminality, terrorism, unlawful behaviour or physical harm against any individual, group or animal; (f) it must not be defamatory or disparaging of anyone; (g) it must not contain someone else’s personal details or confidential information relating to other people.
You must be the legal and beneficial owner of any content you submit. If you are not, you must obtain all relevant third party consents. For example, if you submit music or imagery or video which is owned by a third party, or which features a third party, you will require express written permission which covers our intended uses of the content – proof of such permission may be required. Failure to provide such proof may result in the disqualification of any Entrant in ARM’s discretion.
18. Unsportsmanlike conduct: If ARM has grounds to suspect any Entrant, individual or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or unsportsmanlike conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the promotion, choice of prize winner(s) or any entry) ARM reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any Entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity, from the Competition and all other competitions or promotions operated or promoted by ARM.
19. ARM’s liability: So far as is permitted by law, ARM and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from: a) any postponement or cancellation of the Competition, b) any changes to, supply or use of the prize (or failure to use the prize, and (c) any act or default of any third party supplier, which are beyond ARM’s reasonable control.
20. ARM does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of any entry.
21. Entries must only be made by an authorised person, and must not be sent in through other agents or third parties. Incomplete entries, and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions, may be disqualified in ARM’s discretion.
22. The judges’ and ARM’s decisions shall be final and binding in all respects on all Entrants and their representatives. No correspondence will be entered into.
23. ARM reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions in any way limits ARM’s (or any other person or organisation’s) liability for (i) fraud, or (ii) death or personal injury caused by negligence.
25. All examples are merely indicative and are without limitation, and references to ‘including’ mean ‘including without limitation’.
26. Verification: ARM reserves the right to verify Entrants’ eligibility, and to check the identity of individuals purporting to act on behalf of an Entrant for the purposes of this Competition. All personal details and information supplied by or on behalf of Entrants and their representatives/agents must be truthful and accurate. If an Entrant fails to provide adequate information in a form which is acceptable to ARM within a reasonable time (no more than 7 days after such request), the Entrant may be disqualified from the Competition in ARM’s discretion and/or any prize may be withheld and awarded to an alternative winner.
27. Third parties: Please note that this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Facebook or other platforms or parties (“Third Parties”) unless otherwise stated. By entering, you acknowledge that Third Parties bear no responsibility for this Competition and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release Third Parties from any liability whatsoever in connection with this Competition. You understand that the information you provide is provided to ARM (and its affiliates, associates and agents where applicable) and not to Third Parties (including Twitter and Facebook).
28. Winner details: Details of Winners’ names will be available online after the close of the Competition.
29. Publicity: In addition to the rights granted above, Winner/Entrants and their agents agree to allow ARM to use their name and trademarks for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
31. Governing law: This Competition, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Competition.
32. Promoter: The promoter is All Response Media Limited (“ARM”), Company Registration Number 03056950, the registered office is at Sutton Yard, 65 Goswell Road, London, EC1V 7EN.
Updated 4 January 2019